The Underwood Center, ranked No. 11 by U.S. News & World Report, brings together Houston Methodist specialists in the field of digestive diseases to provide patients with an unparalleled level of quality care. Using state-of-art imaging and leading-edge technology, the center’s expert physicians, nurses and other specially trained health care professionals collaborate to diagnose and treat diseases of the esophagus, stomach, liver, pancreas, biliary tree, small intestine and colon.
Philanthropic investments will enhance our multidisciplinary approach to develop personalized treatment programs with options ranging from simple lifestyle changes to innovative medical treatments and highly advanced surgeries. Support for our critical focus areas will bring the most comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic options for patients with GI disorders:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Investigate new therapies and treatments for diseases, including Crohn’s and Colitis
- Pancreaticobiliary: Diagnose and treat complex disorders of the pancreas and bile ducts, including Pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer
- Neurogastroenterology: Explore interactions between the brain and the gut to manage and treat motility and functional gastrointestinal disorders, including Gastroparesis and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Upper GI: Diagnose and treat motility and functional gastrointestinal disorders which affect the upper GI tract from the esophagus to the stomach, including Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), Obesity and Esophageal and Stomach Cancer
- Food and Health Center: Create a specialized program to conduct trailblazing research on the interactions between food and the gastrointestinal system and offer the latest discoveries in dietary and health solutions, including weight control, boosting immunity, supporting healthy aging